In order to apply for Italian citizenship, the following is required:
Legal residency in Italy:
10 years for non-Community foreigners;
5 subsequent years of the adoption of an adult foreigner adopted by an Italian citizen, for stateless persons, for political refugees and for adult children of an Italian citizen parent;
4 years for EU citizens;
3 years for the descendants of Italian citizens iure sanguinis (up to the second degree – grandparents) and for those born in Italy.
Proof of income: personal or family income (CUD, UNICO or 730) of the last 3 years preceding the application for the acquisition of Italian citizenship. The minimum amount for each year in 2015 is:
€ 8,263.31 if the applicant has no dependents;
€ 11,362.05 if the applicant has a dependent spouse – this value is increased by € 516.00 for each additional dependent person.
The evaluation of the application is made by the Ministry of the Interior which will analyse case by case.
Do not have relevant criminal records.
NECESSARY DOCUMENTS 1. Valid identity document
2. Extract of the birth certificate, original, completed with all the details, translated and legalized (valid for 90 days from the date of issue);
3. Historic Residence Certificate;
4. Certificate of Family Status;
5. Criminal certificate of the country of origin, translated and legalized (valid for 90 days from the date of issue);
6. Criminal certificate of the country of origin and of any other country of residence, legalized and provided with legalized translation (valid for 90 days from the date of issue);
7. Copy of residence permit / card
8. Proof of income for the last 3 years (CUD, UNICO, 730), for those who are family members in a household (the same household must be tested by the Family Register);
9. Receipt of payment of the contribution of € 200.00;
10. Duty stamp of € 16.00.
All applications for citizenship per residence are sent to the Italian Ministry of the Interior in Rome and the procedure lasts on average 2 years.
Citizenship for residency is a concession and not a right, so the Italian State may deny it if the aforementioned requirements are not met.
After the notification of the grant of citizenship, the applicant will have 6 months to take the oath.
Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.OkLeggi di più